Diabetes mellitus can occur at any age, but Type 2 diabetes is more common in the 45+ age group. The risk of developing diabetes is higher for people who are overweight or obese, have high blood pressure, high blood triglycerides, and low levels of good cholesterol. Also at risk are patients with a history of high blood glucose and a genetic predisposition to developing diabetes.
Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes
The most common signs and symptoms of high blood glucose include the following:
- increased thirst and appetite
- frequent urination
- unexplained weight loss
- pronounced lack of energy
- frequent or recurring infections
- cuts and bruises that heal slowly
- sexual dysfunction.
Diabetes is a preventable disease, and there are several risk factors associated with developing type 2 diabetes that you can control. People suspected of showing initial signs of diabetes can try to stop the disease in its early tracks by bringing their weight within the normal range, adding more physical activities to their daily routine, and giving up on unhealthy habits like smoking and drinking alcohol.
How Can Global Canadian Pharmacy Help with Type 2 Diabetes Diagnostics and Prevention?
Globalcanadianpharmacy.com offers a complex range of diagnostic and consultation services aimed at helping patients detect diabetes at an early stage and educate them on how to reduce the risk of developing this health condition altogether.
Here is a list of services Global Canadian Pharmacy provides to patients who suspect Type 2 diabetes:
- HbA1c testing. On-the-spot finger stick blood test designed to measure your average blood sugar levels over three months preceding the screening.
- The Australian Type 2 diabetes risk assessment (AUSDRISK) tool. A short list of questions to help you evaluate the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes within the next five years.
- Heart health assessment based on the Boland algorithm, which involves taking the patient’s medical history + blood pressure measurements.
- Counseling and personalized advice on weight management, quitting smoking, alcohol consumption reduction, and healthy lifestyle.
One of the fastest-growing health concerns in Canada, Type 2 diabetes has already affected over 2 million people in this country and keeps adding 60,000 new cases yearly. Every third person affected with Type 2 diabetes is unaware of having this condition and therefore does not get adequate and timely treatment.
Do not become part of these grim statistics. Visit Global Canadian Pharmacy for on-site diagnostics and consultation. Our specialists will help you identify the problem early and refer you to general practices just in time to prevent it from getting worse.
Global Pharmacy can also assist you in getting all your diabetic supplies and equipment at the most affordable price.